← Back to overview
February 25, 2014 · Microsoft Azure PowerShell

"Request value 'enable' was not found" when using Get-AzureVM

A while ago we built our own test rig in Windows Azure using 12 virtual machines. Now since these machines use lots of resources we only turn them on when we need to do heavy load testing for our customers. This is done automatically using a PowerShell script which uses Get-AzureVM to turn each VM on or off.

Now today we noticed the following issue:

The Requested value ‘enable' was not found error was caused by the last version of the PowerShell tooling we installed a few days ago (0.7.3). The solution on the MSDN forum is to uninstall the most recent version and install version 0.7.2.1: Get-AzureVM : Requested value ‘enable' was not found.

Now this is no longer required since the team just released a quickfix which solves the issue. The new version is available through the Web Platform Installer or you can download it directly from GitHub: https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-sdk-tools/releases/tag/v0.7.3.1-February2014.

If you spend a few hours a day with Windows Azure PowerShell you might want to take a closer look at the the GitHub releases page. Besides offering the latest downloads this page also lists new features, bugfixes, … for all releases:

Enjoy!

  • LinkedIn
  • Tumblr
  • Reddit
  • Google+
  • Pinterest
  • Pocket
Comments powered by Disqus